Home exchange – Free accommodation and all the comforts of home!
10 home swap memberships to be won (worth $50 each)
Imagine completely cutting out expensive hotel costs while also enjoying the space and convenience of a home from home. Arrange a home swap and this really can be yours! Home Base Holidays has 1000’s of home swap offers available in over 90 countries worldwide
What are the key benefits?
- Free accommodation – no more expensive hotel!
- Live like a local – experience different cultures and places first hand
- Home comforts – your home away from home
Make new connections – meet new friends around the world
- Save even more money – exchange cars, look after pets, water plants
- Save more money – choose when to eat out and when to cook ‘at home’
So what is a home exchange?
Home exchanging is an alternative option to hotels and short term apartment rentals. So, rather than paying for hotels or holiday lets, members contact each other through the site and arrange to swap home for the duration of their vacation and therefore enjoy free accommodation. Many members arrange to swap homes at the same time but some members also choose to do a “non-simultaneous home exchange” where they swap at different times – this is particularly popular with people that have listed their second/holiday homes and so are able to be more flexible with their dates (as they are not living in the home full time).
In addition to vacations, many people use home exchanging to visit family & friends living abroad or arrange long term home swaps (3months – 1+ years).
How can it benefit me?
Long term solo travellers – This latter option mentioned above might well benefit both long term solo travellers and also families considering moving abroad but using home exchanging as a first step (and many more – e.g. people studying abroad, people with new jobs overseas, etc).
Couples – Depending on their situation couple travellers may use home exchanging in a way that suits their needs – it could be simply for short vacations where they swap homes with another member and so enjoy free vacation accommodation. Or if they are more flexible with their times may use home swapping as part of a longer term travel plans. You do need to list a home in order to join the site (either owned or rented so long as the member has the permission of their landlord) but as a member you can select and search for Housesitting options if you are not looking to swap your home.
Travelling families – Although home exchanging appeals to a wide variety of travellers, family travellers are one of the biggest markets. Home swapping provides many benefits to families looking to travel, including:
- Free accommodation – vacations can be a big expense for families and so arranging an exchange cuts out the big expense of accommodation
- Space – rather than being cramped in a hotel a swap gives a family the space of a real home
- Facilities – people often exchange like for like and so for example, a family with a young baby or toddler may choose to exchange with another young family and so benefit from a home that is kitted out for their needs (toys, changing facilities, safety rails, buggies, etc).
Win a membership with Home Base Holidays
OurOyster have teamed up with Home Base Holidays to give away 10 free home swap memberships (worth $50 each!). As a member you’ll be able to add your home to the site and then start contacting other members to arrange your home swap vacation! To be in with a chance of winning simply enter via the widget below. To enter you must like OurOyster and HomeBaseHolidays on facebook. For even more chances to win, like us on twitter or tweet about the campaign… however these are optional.
If you weren’t lucky enough to win one of the 10 free memberships we are offering all our readers a special 25% off discount code on Home Base Holidays memberships. Simply enter the promo code OUROYSTER on the Home Base Holidays membership form.