You know when you are travelling and you see something amazing, something beautiful, or something quirky that you want to photograph. But what do you do if there is something ugly and distracting in the photograph? Like curbside rubbish bins, or power lines? Things like that can really take away the magic from your photography.
A Photographers Guide to Spot Removal – Remove Distractions from Your Photography
This guide will give you a step by step walk through on how to use Photoshop to remove unwanted distractions from your photography.
- Open the image you wish to edit in Photoshop
- On the left hand menu bar, select the “Spot Heal Brush”
- Adjust the size of the brush. Use a smaller brush when fixing up smaller areas, like power lines.
- Click on the areas you wish to “heal” or remove from the photo.
- Save your image, and you are finished!
*Hint* If you want to heal something long and straight like a power pole, or a stick on the beach, just click the spot heal brush on the starting point, hold down the shift key, and then click on the end point. The brush will then heal everything in between those two points.